Mentor Application: FishDance
Usual Character Name: Fish Fingers, Fish Archer
BYOND Username: FishDance
Recommended by (if applicable): n/a
Times Available: Generally 7:00pm to up to 3:00am Pacific Standard, though I often like to play during the mid-day when I have time as well.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I’ve played ever since late doughnut on an older account I now no longer have access too after I reformatted my e-mail, however I went onto a rather long hiatus due to personal reasons. I got back into the game when I heard that there was a new map, and knowing that Cogwerks puts a lot of work into these things, I had to at least check it out. I was instantly hooked again, and began to learn about all of the nifty things that I had missed. Now I’m more than caught up, and I enjoy playing very regularly.

I generally play a wide variety of jobs, my favourite being Scientist. I know a massive amount of science content, a large amount of chemistry recipes, how to use the teleporter efficiently, how to operate the guardbuddies, and even a decent amount of artifact and DWAINE research. While science is my favourite job, I’m also a great big fan of being a Medical Doctor. I know which meds to use and when, and know more than just the standard “apply healing/burn patch” approach. Other than that I also enjoy QM and its space exploration/stock marketing, and the Chef/Barkeep positions when I just want to have a chill round. I of course know how to set up the engine efficiently as an Engineer, and how the two loops work. All in all I like to think I have a pretty decent variety of experience with all jobs, though some, like security, I don’t always lay, due to my lack of robust-ability (I much prefer setting elaborate traps). I really like having fun in the game, and will often play along with the gimmicks, such as becoming a “Pirate” ship captain during drone fleet invasions and the like.

As per my reason for application, I utilized a large amount of the MentorHelp function when I was getting back into the game, and it definitely helped me out a ton. Even today, I still use MentorHelp occasionally to figure out something that I used to know, and the fact that it is so easy to use, and that it has helped me learn a lot, I wanted to be able to apply my knowledge about the game and its mechanics in a way that would let me help others. I often like to mentor some of the chemistry rookies, and being able to do this on a much larger scale sounds not only extremely rewarding, but also very beneficial for the community as a whole! Also, in case it matters, I tend to play mostly on Gibbed #4/LLJK #2 but I like to drop in on Gibbed #3/LLJK #1 when I’m feeling a more active and thrilling round.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): I was a great fan of the first one as it was a film I watched when I bonded with my very little sister, though I never really watched the sequels… On a side note Eddie Murphy was probably the perfect person to voice Donkey.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application, lying about it will): On this account I don’t believe I’ve been banned, I remember being accidentally insta-gibbed by an admin a week or so ago, but that was only because he misclicked the wrong name. On my old account I was banned for a day due to me testing out a bomb too close to the main station, and accidentally causing the death of a fellow crewmember.

Messages In This Thread