Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Improving ghost drones/making them more attractive to play
Being able to clean up floors in some way would be nice, not being able to use a sponge really sucks when you want to clean up some blood/gibs. Doing the door squeeze thing is a nice idea, but having some way to open airlocks would also be good since you can make a space tile underneath one via RCD and then you'd be unable to do anything about it.

I'd also really like to see the flashlight and t-ray scanner becoming 'built in' options that don't require the item to be out, and to have that for borgs as well. I know you can currently get around it as a ghostdrone by activating it and putting it away, but that seems like a goofy bug.

A floor tile generator would also be nice. While the RCD can create new floors, there's no way to add flooring to plating without fetching a stack of tiles and carrying it around. Something similar for light bulbs and tubes would be neat, as well -- click on a light tube to swap it with a new one and recycle (delete) the old one. Bonus if there's a way to pick colors.

Basically, more stuff to be able to repair more of the station into good condition.

(03-17-2019, 05:00 PM)poland spring Wrote: IDEA: Let players set a ghost drone beacon or signal that tells ghost drones to come to that location and fix stuff

Perhaps give ghostdrones the ability to send a request to the AI? "Automated message from Drone WTF-71: Please advise on locations needing repair.", with an option to reply like PDA messages.

Also -- and I know this is probably really controversial -- but I would like to see there be two modes for ghostdrones; "ghost" mode where drones get the static overlay and see chat as "human", and "observer" mode where they see mobs and chat normally (but still cannot interact with them in any way). Personally I feel the chat-name blocking is a bit silly since you can still tell who's around by emotes or flipping next to people, but eh.

But I say this as someone who habitually observes, waits for something to happen, and then jumps in a few minutes later to start cleaning up the mess.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Improving ghost drones/making them more attractive to play - by Zamujasa - 03-18-2019, 09:49 AM