Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Improving ghost drones/making them more attractive to play
(03-17-2019, 03:26 PM)Berrik Wrote: Nah that'd make it far too easy to clean up lube, chemist horror, etc.

But rule 1 would not allow you to do this, wouldnt it? An do chem puddles even apply any effects?
I was thinking more of cleaning all the blood, gibs and vomit that fills the station at some point.

(03-17-2019, 05:00 PM)poland spring Wrote: IDEA: Let players set a ghost drone beacon or signal that tells ghost drones to come to that location and fix stuff

It could also ping ghosts I guess to prompt them to drone themselves

Even though ghost drones can already listen to the radio, as do ghosts, I think this is a nice idea.
I'm just not sure if this is something that people won't forget that it exists, like that emergency function on the PDA.

(03-17-2019, 05:35 PM)Kovirii Wrote: An "AI" or program that tracks and reports areas that are damaged on the station. A map or compass, or maybe just a list of rooms and some kind measure of the damage.

A separate verb for deadchat (I didn't even know ghost-drones could deadchat for a quite a while!)
Making this capable more apparent would also work.

Also ghost-drones can't place objects at specific locations on a tile for aesthetic arrangements, as the magtractor doesn't allow placing or throwing.

I'm not sure how the current objective tracking system for damaging areas works, but maybe that one can be used. I heard it only tracks the damage of the APC.

I believe the initial pop-up tells you that you can use :d to talk to deadchat. Wouldnt mind if drone chat would just be removed and merged with deadchat. Not sure why we still have both, but I know that deadchat was added later on.

The magtractors could use some slight improvements on interactions, but I dont think they need to be able to throw things.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Improving ghost drones/making them more attractive to play - by The Gorog - 03-17-2019, 10:44 PM