Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Improving ghost drones/making them more attractive to play
I have come to notice that, even on higher pop rounds that have been going on for some time, not too many dead people seem to play ghost drones.
So I tried playing it myself a few times, by joining as an observer early into the round, and quickly had to notice a few things which stopped me from doing what I planned.

When I tried making a new room with a few things that require the mechanics ruckingeneur kit, I noticed that ghost drones have all the tools, but dont have access to mechanics.
I wanted to fix the giant hole in medbay, also no access and everyone had evacuated it.
Tried cleaning the mess of a cloned puritan and a bible farter in medbay, no access to the janitors room and ghost drones cant use sponges properly.
Also I believe that being a ghost drone prevents you from being cloned.

So what I would like to propose is the following:
  1. Give ghost drones more access. Maybe not security or head access, but everything else.
  2. Give them internal janitorial equipment. Using the normal equipment with the magnet is a pain, plus sponges just dont work for them. I also think that one janitor isnt enough for the station, so this would help keeping it clean.
  3. Let people be cloned while in a ghost drone and people that are set to DNR still be able to become a ghost drone. They cant act on or tell anyone about the AI laws anyways.
So, do you guys agree with these changes or do you see problems in them that I didnt think of? Any other ideas on how to make more people play them?
Or maybe tell us why you dont like playing ghost drone. Maybe there are more problems in their current state I didnt see.

Also see this as a general ghost drone discussion thread, since the last one has been locked into the "Good ideas" section.

Messages In This Thread
Improving ghost drones/making them more attractive to play - by The Gorog - 03-17-2019, 01:51 AM