Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AI an Cyborg should be late-join enabled.
(03-09-2019, 09:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I feel like the best way to handle that would be if the AI is dead but with suicide laws in place, A late join taking over the AI role should be considered as the AI doing a hard reset

A new player takes the role, laws are set back to default, a big announcement is made of the fact, and we continue like normal

The hard reset could work automatically, or maybe need an ingame event to happen before it becomes available again. Either way, I think it's perfectly accomplishable while still keeping the gameplay balanced

But how would you recognize a suicide law? Just by looking for keywords or them all being dead? 
Looking for keywords would be too unreliable. What if all silicons are dead, but someone is being borged. Would the laws stay or be reset?

I personally dont like the idea of them being able to latejoin with already changed laws being in place.
So my idea would be a timer before laws could be changed, during which people are still allowed to late join. Something around 10 or 15 minutes.
A downside to this would be that you also couldnt upload a good law that would help the crew, like "Wizards arent human" and the likes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AI an Cyborg should be late-join enabled. - by The Gorog - 03-10-2019, 08:44 AM