Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Job rewards suggestion post
So I think everyone likes the job rewards and experience that janitor has and that people would like more jobs to be included in the system. I've heard that the biggest issue with expanding it to other jobs is not knowing what should grant experience and what sorts of rewards should be given for specific jobs. 

In an effort to help things along, Frank Stein and I decided to draw up some lists of prospective job rewards and what sorts of actions should generate job experience. Below are some links to pair of google docs for job experience and job rewards respectively that we'd added some stuff to:

I think I've thought up all I can about it so now seems like a good time to open it up to more suggestions and critiques. We've sorta been operating under the idea that job rewards should not be direct buffs for quintessential parts of the job (with a few exceptions), but should add things that will remove maybe a bit of tedium or gives you items that can be used in fun ways. So there would be some new items suggested as well as some existing items just to allow someone get that item. 

Job Rewards:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VbKe...sp=sharing

Here are a few examples of job rewards in the docs:

- Medical Doctor: Upgraded Prodoc Health Glasses
- Botanist: Strange Seed
- QM: Appraisal tool - Use it on stuff to find it's going rate on the market
- Security Officer: Police Hologram - creates a flashing blue and red hologram of various signs or wanted posters

There are some jobs we didn't think of any good rewards for like mechanic, scientist, and Detective.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Job Experience: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FX84...sp=sharing

Perhaps more important than naming reward suggestions in terms of actually adding jobs to the job rewards system, we have a doc for actions a player might take in a certain job to give them experience. 

Examples:

- Medical Doctor: Heal a certain amount of damage on crewmembers with patches, spread a beneficial pathogen, give someone elective surgery (cyberheart, cybereyes).
- Botanist: Attach a synth limb to someone
- Genetecist: Create/Inject someone with a beneficial mutation, get max research (biotic dampeners)
- Security: Beat clowns.
- Clown: Get beat by security, Die.

Add any suggestions if you have any in the comments in that doc or here if you want please.

Messages In This Thread
Job rewards suggestion post - by kyle2143 - 01-29-2019, 07:23 PM
RE: Job rewards suggestion post - by Couturier - 10-21-2019, 10:25 PM
RE: Job rewards suggestion post - by CaptainBravo - 10-21-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: Job rewards suggestion post - by AwkwardDryad - 10-21-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: Job rewards suggestion post - by aft2001 - 10-22-2019, 06:40 AM
RE: Job rewards suggestion post - by UrsulaMejor - 10-22-2019, 07:55 AM
RE: Job rewards suggestion post - by Enfaeutchie - 10-22-2019, 08:15 AM
RE: Job rewards suggestion post - by UrsulaMejor - 10-22-2019, 09:06 AM
RE: Job rewards suggestion post - by Sov - 10-22-2019, 09:22 AM
RE: Job rewards suggestion post - by AleksAdamska - 10-22-2019, 09:47 AM
RE: Job rewards suggestion post - by Ravenmeister - 10-22-2019, 09:47 AM