Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.3 Average
Medical patch should have an application delay for non-doctors
Aight, at the risk of shoving my entire ass up my foot again, - another what-if that tries to adress this in a comprehensive non-timer way.

I think you hit on something important in your last post : availability and chem balancing.
specifically I don`t think its the presence of patches that are the issue (as they're more or less pills that you can slap on people instantly if they whitelist, and will always be replaceable by pills or beakers)
It's what's in them.
We need to differentiate between topical light healing and orally / intravenously administered deep healing.

In other words, nerf Styptic and Sulfadiazine.:

a) Keep them as the default patch, but make them stop doing anything past maybe orange? enough to close up the surface and get you out of crit, but not healed.
Not a huge rebalance, just moving it from literally-best-in-all-scenarios to something closer to reality, a field-use emergency patch-up to get you from the hole in the station to medbay in almost one piece.

b) Introduce medbay-locked alternatives that act like the old topical chems, or make new ones that are injectable or otherwise take longer to apply / work via other medbay means. Leaving this vague because it's kinda beside the point. Let doctors hold the keys to the only "easy" way to get back to green.

Delays make gameplay feel heavy and trudgy, so does the slowdown of being in crit / red, and with patches and minipatches being the ubiquitous everywhere healer, they oughta be an emergency measure rather than an instant respawn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Medical patch should have an application delay for non-doctors - by warcrimes - 01-14-2019, 12:05 PM