Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NSS HORIZON: The NT fleet's longest and most lengthy cruiser.
(12-07-2018, 07:09 AM)Recusor Wrote: Looking at the wiring for the AI boat, it looks like the wiring is not connected to the main ship. Is this intended? On the plus side it means that the AI ship would be immune from any powersinks on the main ship, but would the QM and medical ship solars provide enough power on their own to the main ship if no one set the engine up?
Yes it's totally intentional, to keep the AI independantly powered (and very overkill-ly so) but the leads reach out onto the catwalk to make it easy to wire in, if necessary. 

The nacelle solars, even with the starboard array in a damaged state, are more than enough to power the idle ship if configured correctly. With the SMES configured as-is at roundstart, they only trickle power, and the damaged array requires a spacewalk, or cooperation from medbay to access. I feel like these are appropriate hurdles to make powering the ship a non-zero activity, but also make it very friendly to multi-hour RP rounds. 

Being heavilly concentrated, with power flowing to the main body though the potentially vulnerable nacelle hallways I believe also adds an acceptable level of risk, If an enterprising young traitor wants to turn out the lights they could do so with two pipebombs and a wirecutter fairly reliably, from space. 

@Aft2001 i'm in the process of correcting a few issues you pointed out and will reply when i've got the new image to show for it

Messages In This Thread
RE: NSS HORIZON: The NT fleet's longest and most lengthy cruiser. - by warcrimes - 12-07-2018, 08:21 AM