Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Security Monitoring TV
(11-30-2018, 02:28 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 08:56 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: I love the idea, but I don't think this version would fit in well with the game. That 2x2 screen just comes off as looking way too out of place and gigantic compared to everything else on the station.

As a suggestion - could this be made into a popup somehow instead of an item? I think that would probably work well.

I think someone mentioned a while back that BYOND cant handle having a second viewport, especially one in a popup window. Course this was a while back, maybe BYOND has improved since then.

I'm not completely sure to what you're referring, but I think you mean a client can't have two different controllable "eyes" at the same time. I'm not actually sure if that's true or not, but it doesn't apply in what firebarrage suggests or how my thing works now.

TG's AI PiP is kind of what he means, and my plan to accomodate his suggestion was to do something similar where the popup screen isĀ placedĀ on one of the HUD buttons where you probably would click it and displays an "image" of the area it's looking at.

I think it's definitely possible and could be very useful to have it working that was as well. But when I made my TV thing originally, I did it with a very specific use case in mind (only observing sec sunglasses). So at this stage I think it makes more sense not to merge it right now since I plan to make significant changes... When I eventually get around to it, this thing was a huge pain and I'm not yet motivated enough to dive back in.

Messages In This Thread
[Feature] Security Monitoring TV - by kyle2143 - 10-08-2018, 05:55 PM
RE: [Feature] Security Monitoring TV - by kyle2143 - 11-30-2018, 03:57 PM
RE: [Feature] Security Monitoring TV - by Azungar - 01-11-2019, 04:02 AM