Poll: What do you think of staggering?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
28.00%
7 28.00%
Dislike
32.00%
8 32.00%
Needs work
40.00%
10 40.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
'Staggered' discussion & feedback
(10-02-2018, 05:09 PM)MrMagolor Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 05:08 PM)Flourish Wrote: In my opinion, this just makes it more difficult to escape melee combat when it's already pretty difficult if you're caught off guard, are stunned by a plate/chute/shove/etc., affected by chems, already injured (which has a separate slowdown that currently stacks)... At the very least, the target should be able to trade some stamina and sprint away. Additionally, five seconds is a long time when you're fighting someone else, and the staggered effect is pretty noticeable.

Also, I like being able to run away and yell for help. Even before this change, it's still pretty easy to keep someone down if you get the first hit and plan things out, and this change just gives the attacker even more of an edge. If the purpose of this is to encourage less reliance on stun weapons, then I think we should just make stun weapons less outright powerful.

Actually during the testing on #2, single punches weren't that big a difference (and IM told me that doing 2 or more wouldn't make any more difference) The stagger slow was rather negligible. Whether this is a good or a bad thing is up to the coders.

It's pretty noticeable now. The effect is capped at five seconds, so if you keep punching someone (or getting hit), you keep bringing it up to five.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Staggered' discussion & feedback - by Flourish - 10-02-2018, 05:11 PM
RE: 'Staggered' discussion & feedback - by Roomba - 10-02-2018, 05:49 PM
RE: 'Staggered' discussion & feedback - by New525 - 10-03-2018, 06:13 PM
RE: 'Staggered' discussion & feedback - by Berrik - 10-07-2018, 10:20 PM