Awfulworldkid Mentor App 3: Electric Boogaloo
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=8260

Usual Character Name: (old) Chance Ironmonger / (new) Cassandra Ironmonger / (newer) Rhea Drakonova
BYOND Username: Awfulworldkid
Recommended by (if applicable): Grifflez, Avack
Times Available: 10AM - 4PM and sometimes 7PM - 11PM EST in the summer, erratically during school season

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): 
I used to be a mentor a long time ago, and though I did get removed as a mentor for being a big jerk to new people (I maintain that some of them deserved it, especially the captain that removed access on his own ID to go be a roboticist and made it entirely harder than it should have been to call the shuttle), I like to think that I've improved significantly over the last year or so. I don't know as much as I used to about modern systems, since part of that year or so was spent going on hiatus from Goonstation, but I'm pretty good with most science stuff except toxins. That includes genetics, robotics, materials science, and loaf science (and MechComp to an extent), and there's definitely some proof of my knowledge in a reference document I created and still curate that's going around the Solarium discord. In addition to what specific parts of the game I'm good at, I'm at a baseline competence level for pretty much any job, and I have a lot of little tips and tricks for different things that could really help people who are struggling for one reason or another. And, of course, I know from experience that a good half of all mentorhelps don't really need specialized knowledge to answer, and a lot of the minority that do need that specialized knowledge aren't something that a mentor absolutely needs to know and can't look up somewhere. My weakest point is probably security, since I haven't played it in a very very long time, but I know there are a lot of people that play around the same time I do that do play a lot of Sec, like Schwick (Roman Lawhon), so they could help with mentorhelps about Security. Since I got removed as a mentor, I've gotten a lot better in general with the sort of thing that got me removed as a mentor, so I do believe that I can conduct myself well enough nowadays to be a useful and helpful mentor.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Banned for a day on the RP server several times for not following the RP Rules, got de-mentored for being a jerk to new people last year if that counts.

Messages In This Thread
Awfulworldkid Mentor App 3: Electric Boogaloo - by awfulworldkid - 07-11-2018, 03:41 PM