Mentor Application: CandleCandleCandles
Usual Character Name: Selladore Kaine
BYOND Username: CandleCandleCandles
Recommended by (if applicable): Readster, InternetDweller
Times Available: 20:00 to 1:00 EST consistently; 10:00 to 14:00 EST often 

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): 

Whenever I've seen a new player needing help, I've enjoyed teaching them a few things to get them at the least down the right path, by explaining a few mechanics and recommending to use mentorhelp and the wiki liberally. By becoming a mentor myself, I will be able to help players all the more easily - not only helping wholly new players, but also helping somewhat more experienced players trying to learn about something new. I have referred to the wiki often and know it fairly well, so even should I not know an answer offhand, I am reasonably assured in my ability to find and communicate a correct solution. In addition, I hope to contribute better to the positive image of the community as well; the more helpers out there, the better and more welcoming the game will be.

As far as game experience goes, knowing medical and science are my main skills. I have a fairly good knowledge of chemistry, and I know how to use the Chemistry page to interpret just what a chem would do. I know how to use telescience, both the on-station and adventure zone aspects as well as how to operate the artifact lab. With medical, I know how to treat ailments and what the plethora of medical chems do, as well as how to use additional medical tools.
Regarding other skills - I've had a fair bit of experience in other jobs, enough that I would be comfortable playing as any given job. I can set up engines, manage others as a head, and judge situations on the fly as security, as well as know when it is acceptable to ramp up security-based measures. Although my knowledge is still spotty in a few areas - most of all, mining - I know well enough to be able to answer simple questions regarding said areas.
But perhaps even more importantly, I know how to make my way around some of the more general, non job-based mechanics, ones as simple as buckling/unbuckling, operations of pods, and many more simple but somewhat important mechanics which I have been told constitute a great number of mentorhelps.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

None.

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application: CandleCandleCandles - by CandleCandleCandles - 07-01-2018, 09:28 PM