Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Most secret chems shouldn't be secret.
I have a very biased opinion here because of my history but secret chems and chem hunting are a big part of the chemistry gameplay loop. I find the hunt for secret chems very fun and rewarding. I understand that not everybody finds that fun but that just means that chemistry isn't for them. People always call it gatekeeping or unfair that chemicals are secret but honestly I don't see why it matters. If that gameplay isn't for you then it isn't for you. I really don't see what people are missing out on because they don't know how to make some chemicals.
Poisons tend to be the go-to for this argument but there really isn't much more that you can do with death chemicals that you can't do with a bat and a pipebomb. Honestly if you get some mad scientists to weigh in here they'll tell you that while death chems are very flashy or impressive you don't tend to get away with doing as much with them as you'd think, bar the creative few. Hell most of the effective death chems that you can reasonably make in a capacity to do anything with are pretty common knowledge.
As for the gimmicky ones... well they're gimmicks. Who cares. The gimmicky stuff you can do is the reward for finding them but otherwise who really cares.

The only real issue I can see with secret chems is some sort of elitism which if somebody is being elitist about secret chems push them over and fart on them. Hell I'll do it myself if I see somebody trying to be smug about their chemistry.

Also if you think secret chems are secret just to balance them you're wrong.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most secret chems shouldn't be secret. - by Readster - 06-25-2018, 02:50 PM