Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Portable Atmospheric Depot
[Image: pDnY9HS.gif]

Shiny new fully-animated device in the portable-atmospherics category, serving as a specialized hybrid of the portable air pump and gas extractor designed specifically to pressurize or repressurize rooms with a far greater deal of efficiency and smoothness compared to breaking open a canister (albeit at the cost of needing to secure molitz as a catalyst).

The device can be loaded with molitz (up to a cap of just below 100) - once activated, it consumes one unit per full refill of its pressure capacity (this value can be changed), and shortly thereafter transfers the generated atmosphere to its tile. If it runs out of molitz, it will automatically shut down and emit an alert.

Ideally, this would be an item for purchase via the Quartermaster's office as an initial method of introduction. This saves the trouble of having to find a location for it on each station variant.

WARNING: This is almost certainly incompatible with the material stack system and maybe with new materials at large. I don't have access to it on the 2016 branch, so that will need to be fixed before you patch this in (the count system could probably be placed in the istype checks currently commented out, with something like "istype && stacksize > 1 means amount = stacksize"); alternately, you could select an entire other resource.

Also, I heavily recommend that an atmos nerd look at this as well; I was able to successfully pressurize an area on my local test environment, but things may have changed since this variant of the game, and I'm playing with forces I don't fully understand.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...ospheric-d

Messages In This Thread
[Feature] Portable Atmospheric Depot - by Kubius - 05-21-2018, 05:22 PM