Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature]New atmos/various states emergency energy shield
(05-16-2018, 05:54 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 05:15 PM)kyle2143 Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 04:55 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: So the shield only specifically blocks liquids, gases, or solids? Like, you could walk through a gas shield?

No, but that could be interesting. The way I have it is: atmos Shield only blocks gas, liquid should block atmos and liquid, and solid blocks everything, just the same as any regular wall.

Ahh. I was imagining those shields you see in Star Wars where they just have an open port to space that keeps atmosphere in but lets ships and stuff pass through

Sorry, I somehow misunderstood your question. You can walk through a gas or liquid shield. The main idea I was going for was those Star Wars shields, I mentioned elsewhere in my post that I wanted to put a shield like that for pod bays so they can go in and out without having to open and close the doors, and maybe on some high use airlocks. But I wanted to see how this was received before I went any further with it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Feature]New atmos/various states emergency energy shield - by kyle2143 - 05-16-2018, 06:40 PM