Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Project make pathology suck less [New path symptoms, tweaks, nerfs, and rebalances]
(07-08-2018, 01:44 AM)Spy_Guy Wrote: I like this.
Some things I see straight away:
  • Buy pathogen looks like it can be href exploited, doesn't check machine state after the topic call and doesn't check again after the prompt. Since prompts are blocking, someone could mass order samples bypassing the 30s time.
  • What's with touching admins.txt?
  • Why remove the origin.symptomatic check from coughing?
  • Oh gosh, that sounds bad. What would be the best way to fix that?
  • I added myself as a coder for testing purposes. When I was finished, I removed myself from the list. For some reason, there was no new line character at the end of the file, so git is showing that the last line was removed and subsequently re-added. There's no actual difference.
  • I didn't. I moved it up in scope. Now instead of having a separate check for each stage of the disease, we check to see if the pathogen is symptomatic before even handling the stages. This results not only in cleaner code but also in greater consistency since most other symptoms handle the symptomaticity check identically.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Project make pathology suck less [New path symptoms, tweaks, nerfs, and rebalances] - by Noah Buttes - 07-08-2018, 05:51 AM