Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
rebalancing and reworking things
Rainbow 
i am of the opinion that instead of just getting rid of X feature or gutting X feature and making it worthless i think that it can be reworked (or in other cases where X item is clearly superior maybe X item isn't the problem, maybe items W, Y and Z could be improved) 

like for example the old tried and true busted-ass c-saber and cloaker combo. if the cloaker for example could in time become caked and covered in blood, covering the invisibility field with blood (leaving you looking like a man made from blood) and required washing might change how this item is used and how situations involving it are approached. it might make someone want to use a gun and compared to a c-saber there is significantly more counterplay when you're being shot at as opposed to getting hit once, you're stunned, and dead within the span of 5 seconds. 

i also think the mining pod driller could be reworked in a similar way that would prevent it from being just used as a cheesy way to murder people on the shuttle. as it's designed for drilling rock and not people i'd imagine that it could get gunked up and overheat and stop working/moderate cooldown between uses. again this would make people who use this as a murder tool to re-think how they would approach situations where they'd want to use this and create significant counterplay options as victims would not die instantly.

lastly i am once again going to take a shot at goonstation's sacred cow: chems. i think having a freshness system where they would be more/as potent when they're used shortly after they are synthesized, and if enough time passes they become stale/spoiled and have much less potency and effect. again this would change how people approach using chems and deathchems and would incentivize them to work quickly instead of sitting on a pile of insta-kill chems for the entire round. it would also create some counter play to 'lol u ded' instakill chems. with this i am not saying that all chems would or should have the same time it'd take to spoil, and some could actually become more useful if they've spoiled. i was inspired to type this last bit out about chems after i saw that the combat system had been reworked recently and how stuns have been changed. 

in closing i do not think these are the only things that could be rebalanced or reworked, just a few things that have come to mind as i've typed this.

Messages In This Thread
rebalancing and reworking things - by babayetu83 - 05-07-2018, 12:49 PM