Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cyborg Tools/Module Update
(03-07-2018, 04:56 AM)SimianC Wrote: Two hyposprays for mediborgs? A dream come true!

Building off of that, maybe they should get two large beakers instead of the one? Having only 3 beakers for chems, but 2 hypos, 2 syringes, and a dropper seems a bit strange since you're carrying at most 3 chems rather than the previous 4. Typically what I would do as mediborg was dump the styptic and silver sulfadiazine at roundstart and fill them with things like salbutamol or saline, changing them out depending on how the shift was going. Two beakers also makes the current chem interface a bit more bearable.

I think the medical omnitool sounds good on paper, but when all surgeries require 2 tools and alternating between them, flipping through an omnitool would slow down surgery time quite a bit. I prefer them as they are now since you can swap tools on the fly and perform relatively quick surgery.

My theory regarding the beakers is that they shouldn't have more chemistry utility than the chemistry borg. From what I've seen mediborgs are one of the most-played, so this minor nerf (or neutral, if you count the second hypospray) is intended to not be a power increase overall relative to other borgs; indeed medical cyborgs haven't really had their tools changed other than the addition of an atmospheric scanner (plus a hypospray, minus a beaker).

I've got some much longer term plans regarding reagents and cyborgs; I intend to let this stay as-is for now, if people feel a fourth beaker is necessary in a few weeks I'll see about adding it or some other compromise.

Regarding the medical omnitool, part of the reason this has stalled for so long is that I needed to go and rework how tools work (which got us the regular omnitool), and with the current way I'm hoping to implement the medical omnitool (combined with a slight surgery rework) it's a bit different from the plan above, essentially it'll be in "progress" or "repair" mode (cycle between them on click), with the progress one advancing the surgery a step (so counting as a scalpel, saw, or enucleation spoon depending on what's needed) and the repair one counting as a suture.

This change is much more complicated than that, as it is intertwined with how surgery works, so I'd appreciate people not asking me how this is going to work yet or whatever because I'm still fleshing it out so any answer I give is likely to not be representative of the reality.

Messages In This Thread
Cyborg Tools/Module Update - by Mordent - 03-06-2018, 07:56 PM
RE: Cyborg Tools/Module Update - by Lady Birb - 03-06-2018, 09:44 PM
RE: Cyborg Tools/Module Update - by Frank_Stein - 03-06-2018, 09:47 PM
RE: Cyborg Tools/Module Update - by Mordent - 03-06-2018, 10:13 PM
RE: Cyborg Tools/Module Update - by NateTheSquid - 03-07-2018, 01:05 AM
RE: Cyborg Tools/Module Update - by SimianC - 03-07-2018, 04:56 AM
RE: Cyborg Tools/Module Update - by Mordent - 03-07-2018, 05:31 AM
RE: Cyborg Tools/Module Update - by Mordent - 03-07-2018, 07:09 AM
RE: Cyborg Tools/Module Update - by Frank_Stein - 03-08-2018, 09:30 PM
RE: Cyborg Tools/Module Update - by Superlagg - 03-09-2018, 12:22 PM
RE: Cyborg Tools/Module Update - by Frank_Stein - 04-15-2018, 07:45 AM