Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
The thing about dragging handheld items behind you is that it more or less gives you an extra inventory slot. Not too useful for most items, but it's great for hauling around a spare chainsaw or traveling with a flamethrower without worrying about getting Beepskied. Course, anyone can just pick it up, which makes it pretty risky.

Lockers and crates are good for *everything*, from being portable shields-on-demand, to near impenetrable kidnappers, to even impromptu securitron clowncars. Incentivizing the other transport methods is only one benefit to limiting their pull-speed, as it gives some kind of (strange) drawback to this weapon of mass utility. Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but I don't have any suggestions otherwise.

I really don't like drive-by kidnappings. The crew can move so quickly that even a brief stun-and-pull can take you to your doom. I'd say to keep the speed for dragging people slow, except for security officers who should have, like, their upgraded grab pull people without penalty. Throwing people on the ground, in my experience, is usually enough to get people out of a bombed-out area, as is sticking them with epinephrine and salbutamol, or just cloning them after they inevitably die.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - by Superlagg - 04-14-2017, 08:02 AM