Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Normali(s|z)ing Ores and Materials
(04-02-2017, 01:19 PM)Sundance Wrote: I feel like if anything, ore processing needs to be simplified, as currently it's a mess of old and new code of drag+drop.
I like where you're going with the quality prefix, but lets take it a step further. 
I'll try keep my post concise: 

Let's take 2 examples of bohrum. 

Crap Bohrum
[Image: AsteroidBohrum3.png]   --> x1[Image: hrBvwNA.png]--> x5 [Image: SteelBar.png]
Good Bohrum
[Image: AsteroidBohrum3.png]   --> x1[Image: hrBvwNA.png]--> x10 [Image: SteelBar.png]

What's changed? The MAIN change is that Bohrum tile will always yield a single bohrum ore, no matter what. What's different about it is the quality of the ore will dictate what amount of usable processed material will come out of it, in the above example crap bohrum ore will yield 5 material, good will yield 10. 

The usable processed "bar" has no quality prefix, only the ore. The "bar" is stackable, but because of the quality prefix removed upon processing, this vastly simplifies the process without the need for much organization. 

As far as quality effecting pricing.. I'm lukewarm. Technically if good quality ore produces a large amount of material, then good quality ores when refined will sell for more by natural default

Yes, I was just going to say something similar to the ore quality vs bar production

I say, make ores and bars equivalent in price. To use the same example, a crap bohrum ore is worth 5 bars of bohrum, a good ore is worth 10. 

Maybe merchants could request one form or the other for a premium is occasionally

Messages In This Thread
Normali(s|z)ing Ores and Materials - by Mordent - 03-31-2017, 11:40 AM
RE: Normali(s|z)ing Ores and Materials - by Frank_Stein - 04-02-2017, 05:16 PM