Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Change Armory Alert Sound/PDA Message Sec
(03-23-2017, 09:33 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: I've been able to use that alarm to know someone is breaking in plenty of times, Rite Kiel actually managed to use it twice yesterday to notice a break in. I'm fine with the sound changing to be more distinct, but I don't think it needs to be made much louder. One thing I think could be added is some sort of flashing "Armory accessed" light in security, so that when an officer does get back to security they can tell if someone broke in while sec was empty. Those red "emergency" lights around the station should work perfectly for this.  Any officer (or whoever nicked their ID) could of course swipe their ID on a panel to deactivate the light.

As for PDAing security, I think it might be overkill. I like the armory being secure, but antags should definitely be able to break in with effort. A PDA message really reduces the time that they have to muck about in there - the officers will likely swarm before you get to complete your dastardly plans.

And speaking of that "break in with effort" can we make the armory walls be RCD/Thermite-proof? While antags should absolutely be able to get in, it shouldn't happen in 1-2 seconds.

I did hear the beep-woop, but I was only next to the sec lockers grabbing my gear, making it louder or more noticeable would certainly be a good idea.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change Armory Alert Sound/PDA Message Sec - by cgrn10 - 03-23-2017, 05:02 PM