Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback
Any permanent purchase limits the range of cash sinks; it's rarely a good thing in the long run. Multi-round, 'buy if possible', or 'purchase stacking' methods are fine. It'd be different if we were a huge community with a shit-ton of good spriters, but that ain't SS13.

Getting cash should probably promote server healthy things like attendance, participation, and playing difficult roles. Drawing from my own ideals it would probably be something like:

- Small flat sum for joining a round to encourage hopping on. Doesn't matter if they leave afterward; some won't.
- Base rate income for being in round and connected to server. Drive those pop numbers up, if possible.
- Small multipliers for burden-roles like Sec and AI. They need something.
- Hefty divisors for being dead and/or not reaching centcom. Life has meaning, and that meaning is money.

and yeah, I like the purchase bank idea too. It'd be great if I could buy in advance, but also choose which rounds I use the purchases. I'd be fine without it too, though. It's just a convenience thing.

Messages In This Thread
Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback - by mbc - 03-03-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback - by Vitatroll - 03-07-2017, 02:56 PM