Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback
(03-03-2017, 02:09 PM)poland spring Wrote: if we are seriously gonna tie it to the actual job then we need to pay sec officers way more so people actually play as them

def. part of the plan! Pay will have to be adjusted for some other jobs too, I expect.

(03-03-2017, 02:19 PM)Sundance Wrote: Like you could leave a round with a gorillion dollars if you tried. Whats stopping you from doing that, getting an A (or an F, it wouldn't matter after a certain point) and literally unlocking everything from the start?

Or am I reading this wrong?

Yeah you read it wrong, the money you earn at the end of round is based on the amount of money your job gets per payday (by default, with no bank system tampering). It has nothing to do with how much credits you earned during a round. So if you're an officer that gets 500 per payday at round start, and the station gets a perfect score, you would earn 500.

(03-03-2017, 02:20 PM)CameronWoof Wrote: This is actually a really good point. Why not tie it to objective completion instead?

I thought about this a bit earlier, here's my reasoning. I think that station grade is a good performance metric to use because objectives are pretty inconsistent. Some jobs don't have job-specific crew objectives, some are much easier to complete than others, and many of them are solitary tasks that many players would rather ignore. I think that basing payout on station grade encourages some form of cooperation between departments, and everyone can benefit from security/medical/engineering's hard work so there's like, camaraderie, and stuff!

(03-03-2017, 03:26 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Each crewmember would have the opportunity to get a bonus (or penalty?) for certain actions they or their departments do during the round.

(03-03-2017, 03:44 PM)awfulworldkid Wrote: Research should also get a payout for not wasting their budget, and in terms of how many artifacts they positively identify / useful mutations they find / telesci locations they find. QM should also get a bonus based on how much money they make and put back into the shipping budget.

The end-of-round scoring system does have some holes currently where it doesn't account for certain dept. performance (like research, and maybe some civilian bits). I think QM factors in because station profits are graded in with the overall score. Some of the dept. functions that are missing could be put into the calculations later on though!

Messages In This Thread
Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback - by mbc - 03-03-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback - by mbc - 03-03-2017, 03:48 PM