Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
(02-13-2017, 07:44 PM)Grayshift Wrote: Time to address this.

Why was this change made?
Two major impacts.
1. Crates and lockers render the other transportation options on the station pointless, which is sad because the other transportation options are fun. Belt hell..Mulebots..The forklift..cargo tugs..cargo transporter...

All these fun things don't get used because pulling crates/lockers is perfect.

So it is to encourage a dead end job, QM, to start using transport methods more? One that RARELY has an operating QM in the first place? You know what a lot of peeps have been yelling about for a long time is the fact that crates aren't bought because there's no friggin need for them? That was a nerf everyone wanted. The crates that QM buy rarely leave QM proper because of this. How about addressing that instead? Honesty while I agree with the overall sentiment, the reasoning is questionable.

Grayshift Wrote:Dragging people. Keeping someone stunned with a baton/flash and shanking them with a fork while eluding sec, all at a full speed sprint, isn't great gameplay.
..Port-A-Med (which is not the Port-A-NanoMed) has been brought back. Security already has a Port-A-Brig.

I agree that turbo pulling is heck annoying, but resolving it with port-a-whatevers isnt going to be enough and in the end I can imagine this just making medical and security grumpy. Ive made my suggestion regarding this already.

Grayshift Wrote:What's up in the future?
Planned changes: Dragging an upright person who is on help intent will go full speed as it will be assumed consensual. Further refinements to the other transportation methods, like the Mulebot changes. Good suggestions in this thread or #goonstation.

The dragging a person who is on help intent sounds hacky. What's the issue with just making it upright in general? 
Ps: mulebots by in large aren't used because they suck in general (mainly because of the UI) in contrast to the other transport methods, upping the speed of them isnt enough

Grayshift Wrote:Why is dragging tiny thing not fast, tiny thing is tiny!
Quote:1. Dragspeed for most things you can pick up is now almost indistinguishable from full speeches
If you start throwing around the words "indistinguishable' then your entering the realms of "it's just like before" and also the realm of "why bother"
I still think this should be relegated to bulky items, sans items with wheels as the small item reasoning to put in my native tongue: fairly shite.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - by Sundance - 02-14-2017, 01:31 AM