Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Security Crackdown Community Edition
(02-04-2017, 04:10 AM)Grayshift Wrote: I will jobban people from command roles if I see them engaging in grief-sec-by-proxy. Hand out most access all you want, but take the couple of seconds to remove security and ID computer from those IDs.

I am also encouraging sec to be brutal to those fuckers who can't take a hint after you throw them out once and think it's "wacky" to be the riot guy. Cut their arms off as a warning to the rest.

Brave souls who play security in these dark times, soldier on.

This will have to do until we hash out a code solution.

Perhaps we can get sec a nice and clear code of when we can inflict lasting and consequence holding punishments on people. A big issue is people fuck with sec and others because with sec they seem to think that they can't inflict any consequence that extends past a few missing items, ID, or minutes of the game while sec is scared to death to inflict them for fear of admin attention.

Because I've been yelled at as sec before for so much as Threatening to cut a guys arms off for doing something exactly like this. And grumped at after I killed him as he was a traitor who ended up shooting me twice with a derringer in a breakout attempt. Heck, I've been yelled at for disposaling a detective who's silently broken into my place of work 5 minutes into a round, flashed me, and started stripping me, gun drawn until I got the upper hand, and before conveyor belts shot people around at the speed of sound into the crusher.

Really just in general I'd like an idea of "How many times am I obligated to stun this idiot and tell him to knock his crap off." before I'm allowed to just dismember him. Because I find that if I so much as inflict any lasting damage while they aren't waving a saber, but a fire extingusher and dedicated attempts to attack me, I tend to get grumped at for putting them down, but tend to die due to intentionally trying to avoid killing them if they haven't explicitly done something lethal in their attempts to break in.

TL;DR Sec issues extend past mechanical and more into what is acceptable/when it is acceptable to inflict lasting effects that would usually end up falling under grief if done completely without reason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Security Crackdown Community Edition - by Xeram - 02-04-2017, 09:48 PM