Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[FEATURE] New Vending machine hacking wire: reduce prices.
So I was sitting here, very busy wasting time, and then suddenly I coded all over my screen!

Ergo a patch: it adds a 5th wire to all vending machines. If the wire is cut, all items are sold at a discount!
Well most items are sold at a discount, things like booster packs and stuff goes full price of course.

Technical stuff
  • Discounts can be set for each item individually.
  • Discounts default to 0, iow, no discount. In case there is some hidden vending machine not in this code, it should not be noticeably affected by the patch.
  • I set it so items which cost less then $2 normally are free when bought at discount price. This works surprisingly well; no need to have a token amount of money in the machine.
  • Most other items have their price cut to just below half of the original cost.
  • If some future person wants to have some fun, you can cut the price of an item to a negative value; This works fine, the machine will magically print you extra money. Just don't tell the QM.
  • I've had to had 4 new lines to global.dm. Pretty self explanatory, and I hope it will pave the road for more innovative  "electrical engineering".

Code:
Special thanks to Cirral for helping me put on GitHub.

Edit: Update: Yes, obviously I tested the code with the 2016 release v510 build and yes it works fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Vending machine hacking wire: reduce prices. - by The Grim Sleeper - 01-25-2017, 12:04 PM