Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.09 Average
Reduce the access to med dispensers and lockers to only medstaff
Look, at a 30 player round, there is *at best* 1-2 security players on average. Them running in and nabbing a few supplies isn't draining on resources in the slightest. Them looking after themselves doesn't effect you, at worse all they are doing is getting in the way. At best they're probably after someone who is likely to make your job hell. If you see a lone officer run with a charred individual, perhaps instead of making a thread about why they can they heal that guy, how about actually doing your job and helping that person not die?
Because you see, that's literally what it boils down to. Captain/HoP already start with all access. Roboticist needs medical supplies. Geneticist are so-so, peeps feel they're medical staff so I cant argue with that. Janitor everybody agrees they probably shouldn't have access, and afaik an oversight, as "medical storage" or w/e its called IS a seperate category. Detective, probably could also do without, as he just needs into medbay and should remain in the sidelines and actually do his job.
So who are you left with? Secoffs. The 1-2 that spawn on average. You can hopefully see how I'm not really buying your stance. Whatsoever.

I do agree that there are too many medical stuff lying around, especially seen as there is med vending machines. This is a problem, as pointed out, with not only medical items and is putting some woe on QM too.
I firmly believe medical needs to be expanded on and self surgery removed, with the cave-at that there are plenty of stop-overs to REALLY make MD's of worth.
I also wouldn't be averse to medbay being rejigged so it's not so... self service.

Edit:
Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:Eh, if it were up to me I'd swap the medkit storage with cryo, people want to heal themselves, let them use that.

This is a very good example of a rejigging of medbay.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reduce the access to med dispensers and lockers to only medstaff - by Sundance - 12-19-2016, 07:02 AM