Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.09 Average
Reduce the access to med dispensers and lockers to only medstaff
(12-18-2016, 02:09 AM)vampirate Wrote:
(12-17-2016, 07:22 PM)Grek Wrote: I think there's something to be said for distinguishing medbay door access from medical vending access and not giving vending access to security/the janitor/non-medical staff. Security can limit themselves to the medkits laid out for them.

This is my main point here
(12-18-2016, 12:24 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: also i really dont like this idea because: what if there's no one staffing medbay? this idea is built around the concept that there is always doctors in medbay ready to heal you but really it just fucks over people when there aren't

This is arguably any key position.  no HoP?  No id changes unless the captain's doing it.   No Sec?  Well no armed protection (for the sake of time let's say outside captain for all this).     Medbay has the largest number of staffing positions with five doctors, two roboticists, two geneticists, and an MD.  

As I've mentioned before anyone with any amount of cash on them or on their account can heal using the hall meds.  There are medkits sitting out.  100 unit tanks of the big healing chems.  If you don't give the doctor something you may as well remove them.  

And ultimately, death was always meant to be a reality of this game.  You screw up, you might die.   You attacked by a guy with a gun, you're probably going to die.

The game's been made user friendly enough in my opinion that "only allowing medstaff to use their own dispensers and lockers" should not be game breaking.    I mean hell, there's even ghost drones and antag roles so even dying isn't that big of a deal anymore.

see i think this is a shitty argument because what you're telling me is "well these guys have it bad so these people should have it bad too" and those vending machines just offer baseline stuff. lucky enough to be near a vending machine and but also be unlucky enough to be hit with sarin? you're sol since they have no atropine. get hit with radiation? too bad there's no potassium iodide in those, either. also, anyone can just up and change ids. just mug the captain (or hos if youre feeling bold) for their id and get to work. this applies to every job, too. wanna make your own chems, bombs or go on your own solarium adventure? break into research and do that. doesn't make scientist  useless. want to cook yourself something? go ahead, break into the kitchen. again, this doesn't devalue the chef, either or any other job role. again it seems like this whole idea was born out of pettiness and spite.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reduce the access to med dispensers and lockers to only medstaff - by babayetu83 - 12-18-2016, 03:56 AM