Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detective/Security thread
mozi Wrote:some minor suggestions to make forensics a bit more worthwhile:
  • More activities need to call the proc for adding fingerprints. pulling (anything); grabbing; opening/closing a crate; pressing buttons/switches/lamps/other stationary stuff; and using a computer are the big ones missing it, I think. Pulling/grabbing a body could either put the prints on the body itself or on the body's uniform.

• The DNA scanner can detect blood but blood decals (the big puddles on the floor) currently don't register, I don't think they record any DNA var.

• Gloves should carry the fingerprints of anyone who has worn them. if you have gloves coated in the blood of your victim and just toss them away then they could match them to you. that's how they got OJ :?

• Using a scanner on someone covered in blood doesn't pick up the blood, you have to take the uniform off them then scan that. maybe using the scanner on someone who is prone/restrained can automatically scan & give a report of all items they're wearing.

• shamelessly stolen from /tg/ but everyone's starting gear starts with their fingerprints on it.
a bigger suggestion:
  • Give black gloves/insulated gloves unique fiber patterns, sorta similar to fingerprints but with no database to check against. A pattern could be a small binary string like AAABBA, that allows enough permutations for every set of gloves to have a unique pattern each round. so instead of just the useless "yellow fibers" on everything if you have a suspect you can check out their gloves and see if they match the pattern used on (whatever). if your gloves are incriminating you could just toss them out though if you were lazy and the detective found them with your prints (as above) that would suck for you. I would leave the way latex gloves work as is

All these would definitely make detecting a lot more useful, just finding fibres isn't too useful with the amount of people that end up with gloves on in any round.

Messages In This Thread