Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.09 Average
Reduce the access to med dispensers and lockers to only medstaff
(12-17-2016, 08:34 AM)Sundance Wrote: Words

By this same token we could just remove md entirely then and give everyone med access. No more people died back before everyone and their brother had med access. As for geneticists having med access, they're simply part of med staff. I'd be cool with them being folded into research as well but right now they're med staff.

Right now the cloner is always targetted anyway so not really a good reasoning, and this means that roboticist actually get something to do.

And again I'm only advocating limiting dispenser and locker access from people in an area that already has a ton of med kit lying out in the open to begin with. I'm advocating the idea that people can stabalize themselves but a doctor brings them back up to snuff. And yeah more people may die for a while, but it'll be a short curve. There used to be at least three doctors in medbay most the time.

If taking away med access from security is really killing that many people, then people will naturally shift to become doctors because it will actually be engaging. The numbers for the role bear that out during times when they were actually needed.

Good doctors used to be a thing of value, but having every sec officer just do their job had made the role useless, there's no need to be an MD when sec gets more access and a gun. If sec can't figure out a way other than the dispensers to heal someone then they're really not paying attention to the medkits spread out, and the pay to heal stations on every block of the station.

If doctors aren't needed, which in the game's current form they really aren't then either fix that (removing access from others is one way) or remove the bloody class because right now they serve no function when people can walk by them and just heal themselves.

Security having medical access on top of all they already have gives them to broad an array of powers. They aren't healers, that isn't their role. They aren't meant to have that wide of a function.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reduce the access to med dispensers and lockers to only medstaff - by vampirate - 12-17-2016, 10:01 AM