Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes a game mode?
Normal Gameplay
Nuclear Emergency: Great opportunity to go undercover as a team and silently work to establish a stronghold before planting the nuke. One of my favorite modes if you can get a competent team who follow orders and work together. I'd like to see the Nuke Team leader have more say/control over the tactics the team employs.

Traitor: Great when people come up with unique ideas. I tend to go the secretive route: hatching a plan, setting up, and then unleashing hell. Basically, give the crew no chance to stop my machinations once I've set things in motion; however, I do try my best to make it fun for everyone.

Changeling: Earn people's trust, watch folks interact with each other so you can absorb one of them later and use their "friendship" to deceive your prey. I'm sad though. I posted a lot of the ideas that have been implemented to changeling but have yet to roll ling since they were added.

Wizard: Wiz is fun when you get a wizfriend to work with. I usually end up trying to be nice until someone inevitably attacks me and I use that as an excuse to hunt and cluwne their loved ones. Could use some work with having skills meant to compliment each other. (ie, water spell that blasts a torrent from your staff and leaves puddles behind, then an electric shock spell to zap anyone standing on the water)

Blob: I don't think blob is unbalanced. It's luck of the draw with where you decide to spawn and if someone happens to see you before you can get a decent foothold. The trouble with blob is too many crew members being defeatists and giving up before they even try to fight the blob. I've had plenty of rounds where I single-handedly fend off the blob, holding it back. If I had just one ally to flank the blob while it's distracted, we could easily eliminate it. Communication people.

Secret: Shhh! What is secret? Just a chance for any antag? Okay.

Mixed: Mixed bag of nuts is nice. Some people like cashews, some like walnuts, and others like peanuts. Everyone gets a bit of everything. The only bad part of these rounds is being spawned in as a plain ol' non-antag human. Good luck surviving!

Extended: I love Destiny. Some great rounds have happened on that extended server. The majority of these rounds have been events from Shotgunbill (still working on those pictures btw, I'm a sloooooow worker when painting and drawing) or Zewaka.

Uncommon
Gang: No comment. I haven't seen much happen in these rounds. Most times the bosses didn't know what to do and somehow one side ends up winning without anyone knowing it was a gang round.

Disaster: I would like to see more of a crew objective in this scenario. Maybe we have to get power up and running and then relink the communications disk before we can call the shuttle?

Revolution: To reiterate my point made on the rev thread. I would rather the heads and sec start off as miscreants with the objective to be cruel and brutal in their treatment of subordinates and crew. Then have a rev leader or two appointed a few minutes in. Remove the R for regular rev members, letting only Revheads see who is in their gang immediately. This gives NT Heads the opportunity to go undercover with the masses and have a fighting chance. Someone had the idea for a clothing item spawner for Revheads that I think could be wonderful.

Spy: Never seen this mode in action.

Individual Antags
Wraith: I have rolled wraith only two or three times which is really sad considering Ive been playing this game for years! It seems like there is a lot of potential to have fun as a wraith... just takes having the chance to play as one and not immediately bork it.

Predator: Again, never played or seen it.

Not Listed
Macho Nacho Man: Sky is the limit! No change is ever necessary. You're beautiful, in every single way.

Werewolf: Seems weak from what people say but Ive never played as one.

Vampire: I enjoyed playing as a vampire and lurking in the shadows. Seems like it could use some buffs to powers. I suggested a little fast move ability some time ago... Here's that post: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6164

What I'd like to see
A Versus mode. This could have multiple iterations.

Option 1: Vampires vs Werewolves
Blood suckers and stinking dogs! They can't stand each other. Your task as on of these antagonists is to team up with your brethren and crush the enemy creatures.

Option 2: Syndicate Operatives vs Aware Crew
Game starts and the NT crew is immediately alerted to the presence of an incoming Syndicate attack squad. Late spawns have a random chance of joining either side.

Option 3: Macho Man vs Macho Man
Macho Man! Macho Man! Macho Man! Everyone is Macho and a Man.

That's all I've got.

Forgot my antag idea.

Martians
Sundance, I think, was working on some funky Martian ship sprites a while back. It could be a home base for the Martians to start the round similar to nuke ops. Their objective: abduct x amount of players or maybe abduct players x, y, and z? (I'm working on a post for this game mode that I'll try to put up today and link to it here)

Messages In This Thread
What makes a game mode? - by Vitatroll - 12-11-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: What makes a game mode? - by lambskin - 12-11-2016, 07:11 PM
RE: What makes a game mode? - by Mageziya - 12-11-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: What makes a game mode? - by misto - 12-11-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: What makes a game mode? - by babayetu83 - 12-11-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: What makes a game mode? - by misto - 12-11-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: What makes a game mode? - by Fishanchips - 12-11-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: What makes a game mode? - by misto - 12-11-2016, 08:39 PM
RE: What makes a game mode? - by TheNewTeddy - 12-11-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: What makes a game mode? - by Superlagg - 12-12-2016, 12:46 AM
RE: What makes a game mode? - by Frank_Stein - 12-12-2016, 06:12 AM