Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for the AI reset module
Question 
I honestly find it a bit silly that anyone who plays antagonist to go through a varying degree of effort to come up with interesting (or, in other cases, OneHuman) laws for the AI, especially if they are just staff assistant or mechanic or something. Unless the HoP has nothing better to do than mess with everyone's access, of course, in which case ANYONE can walk in and reset it, instead.  Banging head against the wall

Say there's no HoP (unlikely, but it happens) and you're the traitor mechanic. You go get your EMAG and break into upload. Play with the laws, done. Captain just walks in, gets a reset, and jams it in. Done. 

This isn't me being salty by the way, I've seen it happen a few times, and it's getting to the point where I'm wondering if its not just easier to murder everyone, rather than be interesting with the AI at all, because, realistically, it'll end up being reset in a couple of minutes, unless ALL the heads are dead or you have the only good-level ID.  l33t li3k j3ff k

So, I'd propose that it's timed. The reset takes the AI offline for maybe...2-3 minutes, comes back reset and ready to go. Means there's a grey period where no one knows what's going on and it inevitably makes it harder to go after the guy(s) who did it.

What do you guys think?

Messages In This Thread
Ideas for the AI reset module - by UmbraDrake - 12-03-2016, 06:57 AM
RE: Ideas for the AI reset module - by Mordent - 12-03-2016, 07:30 AM
RE: Ideas for the AI reset module - by Lady Birb - 12-03-2016, 11:14 AM