Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[BUGFIX] AI Reset Module and Electromagnetic Storms
I'm not vehemently against this, however, I have a different idea I'd like to pitch.

How about this: the AI itself contains a module slot with holds a law memory card. This memory card is the thing getting corrupted in an ion storm and thus cannot be reset. An ion storm could theoretically also burn laws into this card, causing those to become part of the core set and thus unresettable. A crafty mechanic could also burn laws onto the card using special tools, or a specific circuit component. There would be backup memory cards on the station with the core three laws, and additionally, the card could be ejected from the AI - while the AI has no law memory card inserted, it defaults to backup laws; the backup laws are a 2-law set which consists of law 1 and law 3 (notice the distinct penalty of there being no law 2). An ion storm hitting the AI while there is no card inserted could be potentially catastrophic, simply erasing one of the backup laws at random.

To elaborate on why I am suggesting such a solution; I don't believe a core law overwrite should be as simple to fix as any other law fuckery, and probably would cause too many kneejerk instant resets of ion storm laws which might otherwise end in hilarious shenanigans. I do support being able undo the damage, but not as simply.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [BUGFIX] AI Reset Module and Electromagnetic Storms - by Marquesas - 11-25-2016, 05:25 AM