Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Research and science rework
I like the prototype labs and other research exclusive things, but really that's it. Leave the cool powerful shit complex, so it'll take skill to actually use it. Pathology can be VERY dangerous. Artlab can be VERY dangerous. While artlab isn't all that bad to use, it does take skill and practice to quickly be able to figure out artifacts. Pathology is a nightmare, but, the ability to make super viruses that'll gib entire stations is a bit... Overpowered. While pathology does need a rework, I think it should still be complicated and take time to learn.

And PDA hacking... Dear god... It deserves to be difficult. Being able to spam everyone's PDA, read every message, open any door, open any locker, is beyond dangerous. Think about this:

Billy McStaff Assistant is a traitor. He runs over to the CartyParty vendor and takes a network diagnostics cart. Within minutes he breaks into the armory and starts murdering everyone, without even ordering anything from the Syndies.

While this is still possible, it'd be best for it to be VERY hard to do this kinda stuff. Also it should be even harder! Codes and IDs and passwords should change regularly, to prevent anyone from pasting in their hacking code and being able to access anywhere and everywhere.

However, I still love the cross department research stuff! Having a team of scientists, doctors, and mechanics all working together to make cool new gear and tools and reagents would be amazing. It'd promote department interaction and *actual* research!

Messages In This Thread
Research and science rework - by Vuk Farkas - 11-20-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: Research and science rework - by medsal15 - 11-21-2016, 03:38 AM
RE: Research and science rework - by atomic1fire - 11-21-2016, 12:10 PM
RE: Research and science rework - by Vuk Farkas - 11-22-2016, 10:15 AM
RE: Research and science rework - by aft2001 - 11-22-2016, 07:58 AM
RE: Research and science rework - by aft2001 - 11-22-2016, 10:39 AM
RE: Research and science rework - by ferriswheel1 - 11-22-2016, 01:49 PM
RE: Research and science rework - by Vuk Farkas - 11-22-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: Research and science rework - by Superlagg - 11-22-2016, 08:01 PM