Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Implants and artificial body parts
(11-15-2016, 03:01 PM)DreamCarver Wrote: This is some cyberpunk shit, and I'm actually impressed by it. Also, as a side note, thank you so much for putting in those RETURNs and TABs. I know we've had discussions about formatting before, and I'm glad to see you learned from it.

Anyways, the ideas!

The idea of having a breathmask that is irremovable so you need other methods of nutrition is super metal. There'd need to be some kind of rare thing about it, though, otherwise you could skullclamp someone and let them starve. The idea of sacrificing ease of inventory swaps in return for improved senses tickles my inner sci-fi nerd mightily, though.

The idea of an arm that replaces your toolbelt is a decent idea that needs balancing (maybe less storage or small items only, I can't imagine having a stack of metal sheets in your arm).

I actually used other posts as a reference to organize my posts better.

the mask implant would have to be done surgically, (so its not like groody gizmo which litterally just clamps on) altho ya just gave me a really interesting idea of clamp-on stuff (like aditional arms, got that idea from the robe priests wear).

Like i said before arms would only hold small-medium items (all tools for example) and without reinforcements be weak (so sacrifificing yer arm to get a frail arm with tools, or a reinforced arm which can hold only 2 more things)

I think some simpler mods (like specialized welding arm) could be clamp on type (probably first activated, then clicked on desired body part), where the receiver would suffer brute damage, and some bleeding.
        This would enable people to have some simpler mods without surgical knowledge, and without having to be dead drunk to do some self-surgery for simpler things. Would reduce deathrates too.

I also thought of an eye-replacer, basically a tube-like device which allows the user to replace (or just amputate if device is empty) eyes. For amputation, device is not loaded with a replacement eye, but for replacement, it is loaded with one eye of any kind. It would take 10 seconds for "surgery" to happen, so this would prevent griefing with it (if the patient moves the surgery is canceled, but i guess for the lolz it could be emaged...imagine the traitor with a mission to steal captains eyes). This would be a nice tool for roboticists, not to mention any goof could fix/replace their eyes this way (oh the times i had my eyes burned by flashes and welders and no one bothered to fix me). The device would have a drawback of causing brute damage and bleeding (well it is ripping out an eye and showing a new one in). I think this tool should be crafted, (mostlikely mechanics or roboticists job, or both) rather than in the fabricator.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Implants and artificial body parts - by Vuk Farkas - 11-20-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Implants and artificial body parts - by BBEG - 11-20-2016, 09:53 AM