Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.29 Average
Allow Ghosts to See AI Laws Through Upload Computer/Verb
Quote:And then you build a contraption to automatically inject your body with SR several minutes after you choke yourself out to go ghost-spy on bad guys.

Having tried to do this exact thing, you just instantly gib if you try to revive yourself like this. Your body has to be in critical condition for you to succumb, which means you're too damaged for SR to work by default, so you just pop like a lit fart-filled balloon. There's another way to do this but it is in no way an easily abused method.

As for the argument on how ghosts would use the information against AIs and traitors and what have you... there are reasons why you should dispose of corpses as a bad guy and these are the very reasons for doing so. It's not 'abuse' when someone that got cloned gets the chance to point the finger at the assailant. It is just plain sloppy to let this happen if you're a competent baddy.

This is no different than observing someone to see if they have traitor loot in their pockets, or eavesdropping on whisper conversations with a traitor and his mindslave, or listening in on cyborg chat, or whatever. It will not create this glaring flaw in the way the game works because the people that abuse this stuff abuse the other things that grant them this very information anyways.

I just want it so I have some information about why the rust buckets just caved my skull in, so I don't have to waste admin time with an adminhelp message, so I can go 'oh, they really were evil and not shit, OK' and go on with my day without worrying about it further.

Let's just back the fuck up off the idea that this is bad just because a handful of jerks will abuse it. This isn't the next QGP/nitro/grog-gib-cocktail. This is a quality of life improvement for people that have been taken out of a game already. This will not alter the flow of the game that much. People can already infer that cyborgs might be rogue without a direct view at their laws.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow Ghosts to See AI Laws Through Upload Computer/Verb - by Houka - 11-06-2016, 12:25 PM