Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.29 Average
Allow Ghosts to See AI Laws Through Upload Computer/Verb
There's a different cachet between a guy going 'AI ROGUE I DUNNO WHY BUT I HAVE A HUNCH' over the radio and a guy going 'Hey, I just popped out of the cloner, and James Jefferson just onehumaned himself. I know this for a fact because I had 100% knowledge of it as a ghost, and as you all know, ghosts have perfectly accurate knowledge of the AI laws.' As Zafhset mentions, people will go to ridiculous lengths to bend the unwritten rules to their breaking point, and until that is no longer an issue (it will never not be) the least we can do is to limit the knowledge of the people who do so. Every time there's an edge case scenario like this, it always ends up benefiting powergamers who abuse it simply because they're the only ones dedicated enough to keep pushing it without going over the line, right up until the point where it becomes to egregious to ignore, a process which can take literal years.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow Ghosts to See AI Laws Through Upload Computer/Verb - by Roomba - 11-04-2016, 10:23 AM