Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology - Now With Friendly Aspects!
I feel like pathology needs to find its feet on what it actually wants to be. The OP has some really solid suggestions. I feel like it needs to be tied in with Medical as much as possible to make it stand out as its own field. The blood ideas is good. Other stuff would be strengthing of limbs, strength and stamina enhancements, strengthening of the heart, eyes, butt, ears, voice, ability to resist heat/cold, ability to resist other pathogens, bone and organ stuff when Haine gets around to it, etc.

Here's some addendum idea's I've had around the general coding of pathology:

1. Certain players need to have more passive resistance if not complete resistance to certain megadiseases that pathology makes. Making a megadisease =/= the complete anahilation of the crew, but rather a very significant cull, like 75% if left untreated. The remaining 25% will have to be killed by other means, which may mean creating a seperate disease that would target their specific immune system. Could easily tie this immunity into blood types, removing blood type selection and randomising it every round. Currently it just doesn't seem balanced right.

B) Medical analysers need a pathagen upgrade that can scan players not only for supression use, but for preventive use. If a megadisease is passed through certain means, then medical doctors can then notify the crew "this is how not to get the disease" and suddenly the crew is actually using those gloves and masks.

C) Pathogens are unique in that they can pass on from player to player. But the problem with that it's carte blanche, you're literally fucking over everyone even if you trying to target one person. So I feel this could be reworked a little so that
1. If you're a good person then you can make beneficial disease with high infectability so it passes on to player to player.
2. If you're neutral and are trying to get benefits just for yourself, there should be a way to engineer the disease specifically for you, and would lie dormant in others.
3. If you're bad guy, bioterrorism could be engineered so that it targets specific people. So you may have a hit on the captain, you design a disease that passes dormantly from person to person until it reaches the Captain, who'd get a less than wholesome reaction from being infected.

Messages In This Thread
Pathology - Now With Friendly Aspects! - by Erev - 10-18-2016, 02:29 AM
RE: Pathology - Now With Friendly Aspects! - by Sundance - 10-18-2016, 07:43 AM