Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[Syndicate Item] Meat Monster
(10-06-2016, 06:51 PM)Roomba Wrote: I think the basic idea is sound, though some of the numbers could use some tweaking.

First off, no one's going to kill fifteen people to power up a meat monster - if you've managed to kill fifteen people and toss them in the gibber chances are you're a bigger threat to the station than the meat monster is ever going to be. In fact, there's no real reason to use anything except synthmeat - it can be harvested in ludicrous amounts and can be done in the privacy of a hidden room in maint somewhere without anyone ever catching on.

Secondly, 8 TCs is a little expensive for a single critter, even if it's a very strong one. I've railed against how cheap maneaters are before, but it's true that their threat comes from numbers - a single critter, no matter how robust, can be relatively easily avoided and locked down on a station as large as Cog2.

The price might be justified if it could pull in dead players to control it, though. It would avoid the issue where it futilely attempts to charge through a window to get at a monkey three rooms away while ignoring the officer murdering it. Maybe give it some changeling-esque powers - the chaplain can already create lite versions of other antags, so there's precedent there.

I kinda like the idea that it's basically an NPC up until it's strong enough, then it gains self awareness and now can support a random soul as a raging meat hulk

Messages In This Thread
[Syndicate Item] Meat Monster - by YoukCat - 10-06-2016, 11:12 AM
RE: [Syndicate Item] Meat Monster - by YoukCat - 10-06-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: [Syndicate Item] Meat Monster - by SpaceNaba - 10-06-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: [Syndicate Item] Meat Monster - by YoukCat - 10-06-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: [Syndicate Item] Meat Monster - by YoukCat - 10-06-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: [Syndicate Item] Meat Monster - by Nnystyxx - 10-06-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: [Syndicate Item] Meat Monster - by Roomba - 10-06-2016, 06:51 PM
RE: [Syndicate Item] Meat Monster - by atomic1fire - 10-08-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: [Syndicate Item] Meat Monster - by misto - 10-06-2016, 09:17 PM