Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some questions about the z-levels and the loot crates
(10-06-2016, 06:51 AM)Riffhunter Wrote: Hey, so I decided to explore outside of the station itself and adventure into the debris field and the z-levels.

I've been investigating about what can I find exploring the space, what kind of critters I have to be prepared for and I started to go on and explore. So here are my questions:

-Some special items and weapons (such as the old hunting rifle) are supposedly found in surplus craters. Are those crates the same ones that you find exploring the z-levels? (The military ones, the oranges, black, etc which are code locked)

-Can you pry open certain doors and air locks from z-levels with crowbars or toolboxes?

-Any extra tips before I try to explore more? (An possibly going to the adventure zone in the future).

Thanks from beforehand!

1. No, those are different surplus crates that are ordered via the syndicate uplink, although the crates out in the debris field do have chances to contain things like the voltron and those weird communication bracelets. But there usually isn't much of value in them, we need to improve that.

2. Quite a few of the doors on the different z levels can be crowbarred open if the power is out, however some can't. The ones that can't are almost universally called "rusted airlocks" so thats a good way to tell.

As far as tips go? I would recommend bringing weapons with you, a phaser can deal with most of the enemies in the Z levels without much difficulty but are kind of rubbish compared to things like the captains egun, or even a repaired antique laser. 

There is one type of enemy out there which requires a stun baton to dispatch with any great speed called a transposed particle field, so you may want to consider bringing one of those too.

If you can, you should always adventure with a partner. If you die out there and no-one is with you, your round is basically over.

Also, mining drills are ludicrously effective weapons, so steal some for your pod from the old mining outpost. And use an industrial pod if you can find one.

Start with the easier adventure zones, if i were you i would go Moon Museum, Catmandu, Mars Outpost, Meat Station, The Void, The Lava Moon, Biodome, The Ice Moon and lastly, The Solarium. Not because The Solarium adventure zone is particularly difficult, mind, but because it requires a lot of stuff from other adventure zones.

Oh, and one last thing. If you do go to the adventure zones, don't try to use the wizards phase shift spell or synchronised biomass manipulation. You will explode.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some questions about the z-levels and the loot crates - by amaranthineApocalypse - 10-06-2016, 07:53 AM