Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Impose Austerity On Station To Improve The Game
I'm sorry if this is goes off the main goal, feel free to call me dumb or whatever.

Cogmap2 introduced random item spawns, but I don't think those have been adjusted since initial release. I believe the initial intent was "If you're lucky there might be something rare here!" but instead they're used as a kind of lazy mapping tool. Things aren't placed with thought into balance anymore - just look at podbay or the maintenance pockets outside medbay during any given round: there's hundreds of each basic material sheet, 4 defibs and piles of pills and patch boxes. If these spawn points were reduced or adjusted to make these resources more scarce the value of them would increase and the assumed original intent would be reached.

I think a shift in player attitude needs to be made as well. Death. The first thing we tell new players is "You're going to die. A lot". There have been so many things added to ghosts and even a way to revive without relying on others. I'm not sure how to convince people that dying can be funny, a spectator sport, a good way to learn to improve or inspire your own murder methods. Maybe I'll edit this out because I may be overstepping by a lot now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impose Austerity On Station To Improve The Game - by Arborinus - 09-20-2016, 09:48 AM