Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tame the Emag, Buff the Agent Card
I agree that the Emag needs to be made way less annoying. Seeing a department basically become a public corridor is a complete pain, doesn't help anyone and ruins any pretence of stealth, which will then escalate to the noob-traitor Emagging everything on the station (if he uses the Emag like an All-access ID is isn't very skilled, qed).
A cooldown timer or a battery-based limit both sounds like good ways to nerf without wrecking the core functionality.
A chance for the Emagged item to 'go rogue' sounds like a lot of fun, but also very frustrating; no strong feels bout it.

I disagree that the agent card needs a buff, but I wouldn't object to some new features. THESE FEATURE SHOULD NOT BE THE SECOND HAND EMAG FEATURES!!!!

(09-09-2016, 06:01 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Fun fact: you CAN fix emagged doors using packet shenanigans.
I've tried this (in the past) and could NOT get it to work. You can't ping Emagged doors, nor can you screw of the cover to read the address. Sending the secure_open command also didn't seem to have an effect. Is there a technique to it (apart from the basic packet magic stuff), or a recent change?

Messages In This Thread
Tame the Emag, Buff the Agent Card - by Erev - 09-07-2016, 11:29 PM
RE: Tame the Emag, Buff the Agent Card - by misto - 09-08-2016, 03:27 AM
RE: Tame the Emag, Buff the Agent Card - by Erev - 09-08-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: Tame the Emag, Buff the Agent Card - by Grek - 09-09-2016, 04:59 AM
RE: Tame the Emag, Buff the Agent Card - by The Grim Sleeper - 09-09-2016, 07:05 AM
RE: Tame the Emag, Buff the Agent Card - by Grek - 09-09-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: Tame the Emag, Buff the Agent Card - by misto - 02-18-2017, 06:33 AM