Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
let security be traitors, too
I can't see a scenario where this is a good idea.

While I do understand that it's strange to have roles exclusively disallowed from something so central to the game's mechanics and atmosphere, it also makes sense within the same reasoning. They are designed to be the ones traitors and changelings and wizards will absolutely have to deal with in one way or another to accomplish their goals, and making it possible for security to be traitors would ruin that dynamic.

Security traitors wouldn't even be more dangerous than any other traitor except in that they could manipulate that trust that is assumed from their occupation. And when this becomes a trend, that trust will evaporate, as people have mentioned before. The secondary consequence to this is that traitors would no longer disguise themselves as security officers and security mindslaves would become less viable. Other problems might arise related to it as well, up to and including just normal security officers having a way harder time just doing their jobs without jerks interfering at every opportunity.

And anyone who has actually played security as an actual functional job knows that the job is already frustrating enough without people calling you 'TRAITOR SEC' over the radio and inciting 90% of the station to vigilante behavior. I've had non-traitors call me a changeling or whatever when I've arrested them in the past, it's a godawful behavior that people do if they think it'll get them free of being arrested in the game.

I don't think this change is worth it overall, it would not improve the game or how it is played, or at least that's how I feel. It would quickly become another excuse for shitty players to be shitty to security officers.

Messages In This Thread
let security be traitors, too - by babayetu83 - 06-22-2016, 12:25 AM
RE: let security be traitors, too - by misto - 06-22-2016, 12:41 AM
RE: let security be traitors, too - by Zafhset - 06-22-2016, 01:07 AM
RE: let security be traitors, too - by Sundance - 06-22-2016, 02:18 AM
RE: let security be traitors, too - by Houka - 06-22-2016, 11:10 AM
RE: let security be traitors, too - by Wire - 06-22-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: let security be traitors, too - by Vitatroll - 06-22-2016, 11:42 AM
RE: let security be traitors, too - by Zafhset - 06-23-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: let security be traitors, too - by 69andahalf - 06-23-2016, 06:34 PM