Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Botany potency effects
I know the crowd here isn't very receptive to ideas from other codebases, but what the heck, botany hasn't gotten very much in the way of new stuff since forever.

Here, potency is more or less an indicator of how much of X chemical/s a plant contains. On other codebases, high potency has additional features - a super high potency banana produces a peel that stuns a person almost as long as a stun baton, a super low potency one barely even stuns them. The plant that you can stab people with hits incredibly hard with high potency and barely tickles with low potency, etc. It also affects how big/small the sprite of the plant is, although I don't know if that feature would be as well-received here - it'd be harder to hide peanuts containing several hundred units of toxin as ordinary peanuts, for instance.

I always thought this would be a fun feature on goon. Some ideas off the top of my head:

-synthlimbs: Affects how strong they are/how fast you move, etc.

-Money tree: affects how much money you can grow. I think this was already supposed to be a feature, but no one ever got around to implementing it.

-Lashers: affects how hard and how often they hit people.

-Radweed: affects the size and area of the radiation burst.

-Creeper: affects how fast it spreads, allows it to spread over walls/floors. Maybe not to the extent of kudzu, though.

-Slurrypod: affects the size of the area covered in glowing slurry if it's allowed to burst.

-Rainbow Melon: affects how hard it hits when you throw them at someone.

-Exploding tomatoes: affects explosion size. Maybe cap out at welding-fuel pipe mob or so?

-Banana: See above. Honestly, I just want that particular feature.

I admit that I'm having trouble thinking of stuff for the more ordinary plants/veggies, so any ideas would be appreciated. If there's some coding reason why this can't be implemented, maybe have some of these available as high-potency mutations.

Messages In This Thread
Botany potency effects - by Roomba - 05-02-2016, 01:54 AM
RE: Botany potency effects - by Noah Buttes - 05-02-2016, 07:26 AM
RE: Botany potency effects - by Haprenti - 05-05-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: Botany potency effects - by Grifflez - 05-06-2016, 01:59 AM
RE: Botany potency effects - by Vitatroll - 05-06-2016, 02:46 AM
RE: Botany potency effects - by UmmonTL - 05-06-2016, 04:21 AM
RE: Botany potency effects - by Roomba - 05-06-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Botany potency effects - by Erev - 05-06-2016, 03:52 PM
RE: Botany potency effects - by Grek - 05-08-2016, 07:47 PM
RE: Botany potency effects - by misto - 05-07-2016, 11:17 PM
RE: Botany potency effects - by UmmonTL - 05-08-2016, 03:12 PM