Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Respawn Crew (for ghosts and other waiting players)
I haven't played on the RP server for a while, so I can't exactly speak to the current stats of affairs there, but last I went there rounds tended to trend towards two hours and above. with 90% of the crew braindead in their rooms by hour two and the only people alive desperately wishing they had a way to call the shuttle. The station really isn't made for or meant to last forever.

Maybe I'm biased because I share that sentiment, but I definitely feel like I've seen the view 'yeah, I don't really have all that much time for spacemen anymore and can only play about an average hour-long round or so a day" more than 'woo, hour three of roaming a powerless, empty station as an assistant. Best day ever.'. Especially on the RP server, where it's generally frowned upon to go around doing whatever you like and not doing your job. I can only be entertained by dunking X into a dryer and having a fried X pop out of it for so long. If people want to do something new, and the best way for them to do that is to call the shuttle, why not let them do so?

I don't really think shuttle calls due to the death of all the antags is the endemic problem you're making it out to be - at unreasonable times, at least. It used to be more common when I started out, but recently it's usually only used as a justification when the round's gone on a good while and everyone playing is generally in agreement.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Respawn Crew (for ghosts and other waiting players) - by Roomba - 01-26-2016, 08:41 AM