Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gang Wars - Official Discussion Thread (Wonk)
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I also agree that the way gangs are played needs to be reworked right now. People join Gangs and act like they are fucking revolutionaries, ignore their gang leader, and just run around killing anyone wearing gang shit, while the rest of his gang gets lynched because of what he did. I suggested that there be five department gangs so the gangs instantly know who they are supposed to work together, and know what their turf is. I also suggested we add peaceful goals to encourage the gangs to use peaceful tactics and negotiation.

I don't really like the idea of adding a ton of coded goals to discourage fighting. It's a goofy mode for people to goof around and/or bust some heads. Also the idea of laying out automatic turfs kinda goes against most of the design ideas for the mode.

Quote:Hopefully these ideas will actually help the crew understand that this is Gang, not Rev or Team Death-match.

You say that like team deathmatch is a bad thing. Where do you think Gangmode came from? It's a gimmickmode combination of Revolution and deathmatch, just the violence part is loosely expected rather than explicity ordered. I'd still like to find some ways to encourage alliances though, I'll try juggling the prompt texts around a bit later. Or maybe make a hints popup for when people join a gang.

Messages In This Thread