Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Destiny & RP on Goonstation
Houka Wrote:People can know what they want, but they have to be able to RP out an answer to WHY they know that so if their behavior gets excessive an admin can tap them to make sure everything's OK.
v
"I can do open heart surgery because back in space nam' it's the only thing I could do to save my fellow jarheads life"
"I can do construction because my dad thought me before he was killed in a custard related accident"
"I strip off and play the sax because it's the only way I can express myself"
Ok maybe the last one I'll allow because its not knowledge based.
Houka this is like putting a square goonstation agenda into a circular shaped RP hole. It just wont fit and in the long run will get VERY tired after a while, for people playing, and for admins alike. And yet I agree with you about Bay, that shit will not work on our server, but that wasn't really what I was suggesting in the first place.

I also pretty much agree with Bane here. There's a difference in construction between just adding metal plate to a wall, or if your opening a gas canister from atmos than rewiring/reconstructing an entire room. There's also a difference between epi-penning yourself, and conducting arm replacement surgery. People should be able to do menial tasks if they want to. It's just needs to be from a believable aspect.

Ed Venture Wrote:Coming up with elaborate backstories just to be able to stop an antag without an admin bugging you seems incredible silly to me.
Pretty much this. We can circumvent all of this by just having IC knowledge available.
Goon has FANTASTIC lore that's been expanded by sol and such, having more shit to read about various antagonists on an RP station is a good thing. The information that's there can be tweaked for various balancing reasons
For example a book about the wraith would recommend using salt, but would have no info about revenants. That would add to the shock and horror when a revenent rises up from a corpse.

Messages In This Thread