Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redesign the HUD
Wire and I both thought it was a good idea to resprite/redesign the current hud. I made two redesigns. One is a minor reorganization and the other is a total overhaul with new sprites.

HUD 1:
[Image: nB07qUK.png]

Changes:
- Cleaning up color inconsistencies/shading on the hud elements
- Health and other stuff swapped around with abilities, kinda Zelda inspired.
- Spacing between certain elements made more consistent
- Colors of text is easier to read

HUD 2:
[Image: umpMS3X.png]

Changes:
- Total resprite of all hud elements to a darker tone, matching the unfinished SS13 remake's hud color.
- Elements organized into four grops on each side of the screen, so the design is less localized.
* Top for status.
* Bottom for hands and the pockets, since a pocket is right next to your hand IRL. Ha ha...
* Left for toggles involving your hands.
* Right for inventory and running/resisting.
- Basically it's much more simplified.

Considering HUD 2 is my brainchild, I'm very biased toward it, but at the same time I completely understand the issues with a non-localized HUD. This isn't meant as a poll thread, instead, Wire wanted me to create a thread where people can submit their own designs and give each other feedback, and eventually we may reach a consensus of whoever does it best.

Since not everyone here knows how to or wants to sprite, if you have an idea you can sketch up an mspaint design or something with a general idea of what you want, and I will draft it for you if I have the time.

Messages In This Thread