Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randomize non-medical chem recipes every round
I do agree that more dangerous chemicals need to be a bit less ridiculously easy to make, but this is absolutely not the way that it should be done, mostly for the reasons that Thirtieth went over: The "research" in chemistry isn't really learning how to make the chemicals themselves, but to see how those chemicals compliment other chemicals and in what combinations. Also, I have no idea why people complaining about their recipes having unexpected reagents is being presented as a good thing.

Frank_Stein Wrote:I wanna clarify, I don't think every non-medical chem recipe should be randomized, but some additional mystery chems that require investigating to see how they can be added to known chems to make stuff would be neat. Maybe the best way to test an idea like this would be some new unique recipes, that can either be super beneficial or incredibly dangerous if you put the wrong mystery chem in.

Like, let's say there's one combination that uses known chemicals plus a mystery one and it makes omnizine, but that same recipe and another mystery chem makes an instant explosion. So then you'll have to run some controlled tests with new tools to identify the individual mystery chems.
While this idea is intriguing, I think it's just a little bit too esoteric for chemistry, and it'd need to have some EXTREMELY potent effects for it to even be considered as an option as opposed to the static recipes.

Messages In This Thread