Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
A couple more miscellaneous notes I should put here after some more time dicking around in the testbed:

- There is a public booze dispenser in the Jazz Lounge. Hell yes.
- Maybe some signs at the airbridges or other important junctions pointing to different important station faculties would be helpful, given how unbelievably huge this station is and how easy it is to get lost. It'll help new players know where the fuck they're going.
- There's more riot launchers and smoke shells in the armory even though there's also a supply in the main security storage area. I don't know why that's a thing.
- You can wear HeadSurgeon the box and scuttle around underneath a cardboard box, Solid Snake style. HELL yes.
- Security gets a larger supply of medicine than the single medkit and epinephrine bottle they have now, which is much appreciated for patching up officers and prisoners alike.
- The position of the PTL has a lot more potential for nastiness and misuse. This is not inherently a bad thing.
- The telesci lab is a lot neater and organized, with everything in nice, compacted crates instead of cluttered around on tables everywhere. Another plus.
- The chemlab and artifact lab are now directly conjoined, and the department as a whole seems much more tight-knit. Since research tends to be populated by isolationist wackos, this is a step in a good direction. Also, the tiny little private mixing room is a welcome addition.
- The entrances to the security wing are MUCH easier for crowd control, and probably won't have to be zealously guarded by an officer at all times to ensure that some random fuckface doesn't barge in and start stealing shit. The contraband crates are also lockable now, though it doesn't seem like they have any associated access levels with them. Not sure if that's a bug, but if it isn't, it might be a good idea to make them only openable and lockable by those with sec access.
- The quantuum telescope controls appear to be in the Research Director's office. The long-range teleporter has its own designated chamber. There's a new station called the Optics Lab with an industrial laser, a spectrometer, a workbench, and a DWAINE terminal. HELL YES.

All in all, even though I've expressed multiple concerns about how rounds are going to go, there's a lot to get hyped about here, and color me hyped as fuck.

Messages In This Thread